Measures to prevent damage during plastic mold processing
How to prevent damage during plastic mold processing? If we want to prevent damage, we have to improve our own strength. If there is no strength, why should customers choose us? Why don’t customers choose better ones? If customers stay, we have to improve our awareness of prevention, but this is not enough, we must do it to give customers a kind of trust.
Measures to prevent damage during plastic mold processing:
1. Good casting structure design
The wall thickness of the casting is as uniform as possible to avoid hot spots, so as to reduce the thermal fatigue caused by the local heat concentration of the mold. The corners of the castings should have appropriate casting fillets to avoid stress caused by sharp corners on the mold.
2. Reasonable plastic mold structure design
(1) Each component in the mold should have sufficient rigidity and strength to withstand pressure without deformation. The wall thickness of the mold must be sufficient to reduce deformation.
(2) The gating system is designed to minimize the impact and erosion on the core.
(3) Correctly select the tolerance fit and surface roughness of each component.
(4) Maintain the thermal balance of the mold.
3. Standard heat treatment process
The metallographic structure of the material can be changed by heat treatment, and the necessary strength, hardness, dimensional stability at high temperature, thermal fatigue resistance and material cutting performance can be maintained. The correct heat treatment process can get very good results, and the performance of the steel is controlled by the quenching temperature and time, cooling rate and tempering temperature.
4. Die casting production process control
(1) Temperature control: the preheating temperature and working temperature of the mold; alloy pouring temperature, under the premise of maintaining good molding, use a lower pouring temperature.
(2) Reasonable die-casting process: specific pressure, filling speed.
(3) Adjust the clamping force of the machine to make the mold evenly stressed. Pay attention to cleaning the residual debris on the surface of the mold, so as not to cause the uneven force on the surface of the mold and cause deformation when the mold is closed.
(4) Strictly control alloy smelting to reduce gas in molten metal.