Snowmobile chassis foaming mold
Two-color mold: A mold in which two plastic materials are injected on the same injection molding machine in two moldings, but the product is only ejected once. Generally, this kind of molding process is also called two-component injection molding, which is usually completed by a set of molds and requires a special two-color injection molding machine.
Two-color molds are becoming more and more popular in the market. This process can make the appearance of the product more beautiful, easy to change the color without spraying, but it is expensive and requires high technical requirements.
1. The two shapes of the female mold are different, and one product is formed separately, while the two shapes of the male mold are exactly the same.
2. After the front and back molds of the mold are rotated 180o from the center, they must be matched. This check must be done during design, which requires higher positioning and processing of the mold base.
3. The total thickness of the front mold panel plus A board cannot be less than 170mm. Please carefully check other reference data of this type of injection molding machine, such as the maximum mold thickness, minimum mold thickness, KO hole distance, etc.
4. The nozzle of the three-platen mold should be designed to automatically release the mold. Pay special attention to whether the demoulding action of the soft glue nozzle is possible*.
5. When designing the master mold for the second injection, in order to avoid the second master mold inserting (or scratching) the glue position of the product that has been formed for the first time, a part of the avoidance can be designed. However, the strength of each sealing position must be carefully considered, that is, during injection molding, whether the plastic will be deformed under high injection pressure, which may lead to the possibility of cracking in the second injection.
6. When injection molding, the size of the first injection molding product can be slightly larger, so that it can be pressed tighter with another male mold during the second molding, in order to achieve the effect of sealing.
7. Pay attention to whether the flow of plastic will impulse the product that has been formed the first time and deform the glue position during the second injection? If this is possible, we must find ways to improve it.
8. Before closing the A and B boards, pay attention to whether the front mold slider or inclined top will reset first and crush the product. In this way, it is necessary to find a way to close the molds on the A and B plates first, and then the slider or the inclined top of the front mold can be reset.
9. The water transportation arrangement of the two female molds and male molds is as sufficient as possible, and is balanced and the same.
In 10.99% of the cases, the hard rubber part of the injection molded product first, and then the soft rubber part of the injection molded product. Because the soft glue is easy to deform.